Posted on: November 17, 2008 10:25 am
Edited on: November 17, 2008 10:40 am
I am sure everyone is already aware of the outcome to yesterday’s game between the New York Giants
and Baltimore Ravens so I will not get into the negatives of the Ravens performance just yet. I will,
however, address some (very few) positives from this game.
- Joe Flacco showed, to a certain degree, that he can put a team on his back offensively when he lead them to a touchdown on the opening drive in the second half.
- The Ravens defense did a decent job keeping tabs on Plaxico Burress limiting him to 47 yards on 3 catches.
- Matt Stovar broke the NFL Record for most consecutive PAT’s made by drilling his 372<sup>nd.</sup>
- The defense continues its streak of not allowing a 100 yard rusher.
- ……… That’s all I have……..
Now for the bad….
- The defensive line was completely dominated all game long. They allowed the Giants to run for a total of 207 yards on 33 carries. That number is including a 36 yard run by Jacobs in the 1<sup>st</sup> quarter and a 77 yard run by Bradshaw in the 4<sup>th</sup> quarter. Below is a chart showing what the Ravens have allowed rushing this year.